Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"IDOL"...Great Night Of Music

Last night, I left tunnel vision behind and enjoyed every performance, as our Idols sang from a catalogue of legendary songs...each and every one with its place on my iPod. Give me songs from Lionel Richie, Bryan Adams, Bette Midler, Steven Tyler, etc., etc., any day of the week!  Who to send home?  I just don't know.

Quentin Tarantino was an odd mentor, manic at times.  I prefer the songsters of the past; i.e., Barry Gibb, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Rod Stewart, etc.  But hey, that's just me!  What do I know?  You can't argue with success.

My only complaint is with regard to the new protocol of having only two judges speak for each contestant....not good, as this practice often eliminates an altering and helpful opinion.  It seems that last week's show did not meet time constraints, causing Adam Lambert's amazing performance of "Mad World" to be aborted on TiVo tapings; thus the reasoning herein.

There shall be Kleenex available for eliminations tonight....just love the spunk of all the kids!