Monday, November 14, 2011

Song Sung Solitary

Well, it's back to basement basics. It's a rainy day. It's hunting season. It's dangerous to take Mambo on the road, 'cause some city person might mistake him for a coveted bear. Ugh. I've no excuses - the treadmill beckons. 
Ah, the loneliness of the long-distance runner. Believe that one and I'll tell you more. You see, I'm hangin' with some pretty good company, kicking off on Saturday with none other than Don and Phil, the Everly Brothers. 
Today, I was anxious to hit the rubber again, so as to thank Australia. I've the second half of that gig to look forward to, tomorrow. Yep, a date with Neil, who sure did have his swagger on, back in '76. Black leather combined with bright yellow suited him well. And he was mighty chatty. Youth was on our side.

Elvis, Neil Young and U2 are awaiting their turns. Then, I'll run with movie stars - Redford, Bridges, Streisand, Deniro... it's a long winter. I think we put the big screen in the wrong room. Joe, are you reading? If we arise at 4:00 a.m. on Black Friday, Sam's has a deal you won't believe.