Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mouths Of Babes - Hunter

We had a nice day, yesterday. The kids are always happy when we devote our day(s) exclusively to them. Case in point:

Hunter and I were discussing our last visit to their house. He'd forgotten that we were there for a dual birthday celebration, just last month. I suggested that the reason for his memory lapse night be the fact that we didn't have much kid-time, as the adults did a lot of catching up. He agreed and commented:

"That's why I like to visit without my parents, G'ma, because then you focus just on us."

A bit later, the kids were in the pool with Joe. I thought to sneak inside and give my neck/shoulder a break with the heating pad. (Last Saturday, we spent an entire day working at the lake house. I was painting high with my right hand. Seems that my left side was affected…) Well, my boy found me on the couch and wanted to know what's up. 

"Okay, G'ma, I'll lie down with you."

Next thing I knew, he was sprawled out on the couch. I laughingly exclaimed:

"I didn't know you meant that LITERALLY, Hunter!" 

He roared over my comment, after which I told him that he clearly possesses joie de vivre.