Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Just Bludgeon Me, Now...

Remember this gift blanket I started on June 8th and then posted about? Well, last week it was finally finished… or so I thought…

In a proud moment, it was bound off and arranged for a pending photo op. Ahem. Till I saw a MAJOR twist on one side. Might I add… an IRREPARABLE major twist. The rest of that day was spent ripping out the entire work. Ask me how ill I was…

Oooh-kay, so after a week of cryin' in my beer seltzer, it's once again on the needles. What you see in this original pic is about the point new blankie is at…

It occurs to me that my multi-tasking skills are somewhat diminished. Wish me luck.

On a positive note, though, each stitch represents a get-well wish for the recipient… multiplied times two in what is a rather large finished product, I'm just  hoping they have the proper affect.

This one's for Zu. She's my crafty soulmate. She'll empathize.