Sunday, June 19, 2016

Mine ♥

Joe recently asked what I'd like for my July birthday. It is not my style to "request;" however, this year, I did say that I'd love two more trees - a flowering cherry for roadside and a weeping willow for lakeside. Signed, sealed and delivered. Ah, what memories… and meet our willow...



While Mom passed along her love for houseplants, Dad is responsible for my intrigue with outdoor inhabitants. As I've mentioned on more than one occasion, the Old Homestead and the LakeHouse are sprinkled with his gifts, even though he's been gone for so long. And what I don't have offspring of - well, those guys still live in my head. Yep, we had a magnificent weeping willow next to "our" lake in Massapequa. Maybe I'll find a photo of it. Meanwhile, though…

As I do every day of my life, I remember my Dad this Father's Day. My heart still bursts with love at the very thought of him…

And of course, there could be no one better than Joe for our lucky boys, now fathers themselves.

Herein lies the true meaning of "hero." How blessed am I to have multiples.