Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lookin' Back

Joe and I must have taken tens of thousands of pictures over the years.  Just look at our subjects; how could we resist!?! BD, or Before Digital, we'd shoot fifty pics just to score that one perfect capture!

This day in 1979 is so clearly etched in my mind. Brian was 8 1/2 and Christian 5 1/2 years old.  We had already revisited Disney and were spending ten days on the Gulf Coast of Florida.  The boys needed to be covered up and removed from the brilliant sunshine; so, we went for a ride down the coast.  In the background, Clearwater is visible. Have any of my readers seen this city of late? If not, I assure you that the barren-beach days of old are long gone!  We still love it there, though.  With all of its congestion, once you are on that Gulf side of those big condos, the rest of the world disappears. The Emerald waters and frolicking dolphins are your guarantee of hours to be spent staring into oblivion!

My emotions run from my head down to my toes when I look upon these treasured moments in time. Truth is, they are etched in my mind's eye; the beautiful Kodaks just confirm my memory.

If you're reading, thank you so much for traveling down Memory Lane with me!