Saturday, May 23, 2009

Withdrawal And Almost-Summer Nights

All of our shows wound down this past week:

Joe's:  "24" (what will the world do without Jack Bauer?) and "Dancing With The Stars"
Mine: "Without A Trace" (what will New York do without Jack Malone?)
Ours:  "The Tudors" (what will I do without Jonathan Rhys Meyers?), "American Idol" and "Desperate Housewives" (on its last legs!)

What to do...what to do?

Well, my Mom has the right idea, when it comes to exquisite almost-summer days and beautiful almost-summer nights.  Summing up her enjoyment of yesterday, she said, "I just hate to return indoors; I don't want to miss one minute of it (the sunshine)." Her sheer appreciation is infectious; and so...

Just before dark last night, Mambo and I returned outdoors to witness Mother Nature's Big Screen, leaving Ike and Joe channel surfing the Vizio.  We were rewarded, for sure.
"Woof! I like summertime TV."