Monday, December 21, 2009

Did Someone Say 'Merry Christmas'?

We really enjoyed the Christmas special taped at the White House. Its diversity belied any possible existence of a generation gap, a term that heavily applied to differences in musical taste, as baby boomers grew up. Luckily for me and my brother, even with three generations living under one roof, no such gap existed. Rather, an appreciation of all music and talent was open-mindedly respected and often (smile) enjoyed by each family member... no matter the boom, boom, boom. Personally, I am forever grateful for this gift of sharing one of my favorite aspects of life, thus allowing me to love what I perceive as the best of everyone from Al Jolson to Axl Rose.

Last night's special brought the youngest, my pen pal Michelle's favorite - Justin Bieber, and the oldest - my Neil Diamond, together with a brilliant array of talent that included my Granddaughter's favorite - Sugarland, and Joe's and my new iPod additions, Mary J. Blige, Usher and Rob Stewart.

Combine all of that talent with the wonderful MC warmth of George Lopez, and the Presidential greeting, wherein he actually uttered (currently) politically incorrect Christmas wishes, and we felt appreciative of the blend of peaceful sounds to our ears.

As I've said repeatedly, "So much music and so little time."
Maybe therein lies the universal pleasure that will someday afford us Peace On Earth.

Merry Christmas.