Friday, May 13, 2011

Facets Of IDLE 'n' IDOL

AP Photo... Rock On, James Durbin!!
Cousin Bonnie and I, like two teenagers, were pretty upset with the outcome of IDOL, last night. Yep; we weren't happy campers. Though we recognized the extent of talent throughout the season, we were not rooting for the country genre, represented by two of the three remaining contestants. We cheered for James Durbin, the one and only songster who turned in two good performances, on Wednesday night. It was a tad daunting to hear Lauren instruct her brother, via Skype, to vote for her, his reply being, "I voted for you for two hours." And therein lies the problem. Seventy-two million votes cast by how many individuals

Just as I went to blog a rant, the phone rang: "Do you believe this? I'm not watching anymore!" exclaimed Bon. Exactly what I'd just expressed to Joe. It's good to know that I'm not the only sore loser. IDOL had gone idle, as had Blogger, almost simultaneously, in a somewhat rare systems outage.

I've had all day to cool down, as Google attempts to restore Blogger. That has almost been accomplished, and now, in protest for James, I speak. But for the rest of this season, IDOL shall remain idle. Done. Sure, I know that life's not always fair; but that kid rocked his little heart out, with great voice and stage presence. Most importantly, he demonstrated that the debilitating combo of Tourette's and Asperger's Syndromes cannot suppress his dreams. How many high-functioning autistic kids are going to benefit from getting to know this season's rocker?

I know, I know... I'm such a child. But, hey... Bon is in my camp. Y'all have heard about the wrath of women scorned, right? Watch out; we're on the rampage.