Sunday, January 13, 2013

On The Needles-Highway or Stairway?

Granted, my mind wanders in mysterious ways...


While working on this long, long, long scarf to go with the (link) cool hat I recently posted about, I started thinking of Billy Joel, "Stairway To Heaven" and subsequently, Billy/Chainsaw and "Highway To Hell". Man, that was an awesome segment, graciously allowed by BJ, during his last tour. On each of the three nights we were present, Billy played back-up guitar for his long-time technician, Ricky LaPointe. Billy, if you're reading, this Long Island girl needs a concert or two or three... puh-lease!

Oh, the scarf... I nearly forgot. It's knitted in the "seafoam" pattern, easily Googled. The pattern disappears into the heavier bouclé yarn (LionBrand "Silky Twist") I chose to use, but is nonetheless a gorgeous, openwork design that is a tad difficult to capture in photos. Worked in a finer, bump-less :-) yarn, the pattern is much more pronounced and easily captured for display. It is also more summery, as such. For the record, JoAnn's is having a fantabulous online yarn sale, RIGHT NOW! I've ordered a rainbow...
color me inspired!!!

So, which is it? Highway or Stairway? Decide for yourselves... 
and rock on!