Sunday, September 1, 2013

And The Winner Is...

There's nothing like the Dog Daze Days of Summer. I love them. It's the staring. You know... sitting by water of some kind and just staring at a cerulean sky under brilliant sunshine and in ninety-degree heat. Yep, I'll take 'em. But, Mother Nature dished us more rain than our norm, this year. So, we caught a few flicks.

We loved "Parental Guidance" (Bette and Billy - adorable together and so on target with family issues) and "The Big Wedding". Nothing deep here - believe me. But both were perfect for awaiting the return of Old Sol.

"42" was incredible. Jackie Robinson. What a man. Find the Kleenex and watch,
if you've not already.

"The Lucky One" was typically sappy, from Nicholas Sparks' book. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it, especially the song by Brandi Carlile, already posted for your listening pleasure,
a few posts down.

"The Great Gatsby". Jeesh. A near disaster, perhaps saved by the last half hour or so. We raised our 1-to-10 rating to a mere 4, by its looong awaited ending. Let me know what your thoughts are, please. Wonder what Mssr. Fitzgerald would think.

"Smurfs 2". Well, we actually paid to see this one in the theater, as a treat for Hunter and Chloe. They loved it. LOVED IT. Joe and I thought it awful and we were ever so grateful that we didn't opt for 3D. Honestly, I would have had nightmares. Having said that, I have only happy memories of Smurfs. You see, at Hunter's current age, all Christian wanted for his birthday was a stuffed Smurf. Joe drove hundreds of miles to find one. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I severely injured my sewing machine to make him a furry blue character, for Hallowe'en.
Ah, memories are made of this. I digress...

"Diary Of A Wimpy Kid - Rodrick Rules" - LOVED watching this, at home with Hunter and Chloe. Aubs has been talking about the books, for quiet some time. It seems that Coz Hunter has enjoyed them, as well. Since we all enjoyed the movie, we found another... and the winner is...

"Diary Of A Wimpy Kid - Dog Days". See? The old dog days always win, in my view. The books are queued up for a read by this Granny.
No joke! Check out the website here. Jeff Kinney's is a story worth reading.