Monday, September 30, 2013

Through Rose-Colored Glasses

Painted Eldred
If you've never tried a pair of glasses with rose-colored lenses, you absolutely must. No joke. The world looks sunnier than it is, when viewed through them. Case in point:
iPhone Self-Portrait    OBX Spring '13
NY 'n' Maui Jim

We were driving to Eldred, yesterday, with Aubs and her long-time girlfriend in tow. Soccer Sunday. It was a magnificent day, as is today. The foliage has begun to change, and through my sunglasses, it looked amazing. Dazzling shades of yellow, lime, red and orange, along with a few unnamed colors on G-d's palette. When I removed my glasses, the same painted forest turned a tad duller. Yellow all but disappeared. Really. Still pretty, but not glowing. The girls and Joe were surprised, when they gave trusty Maui Jim a go.
Best Friends Shooting Hoops
We finally found the field, on our fourth attempt. This made us late. Along the way, we picked up another family who did not realize that Eldred meant Glen Spey, the location of the elementary school. They followed us to the correct destination, another four miles out of "town". The girls didn't seem to mind. They shot some hoops, as we researched all possibilities. 
Go, Aubs!
It was a very good game on a full field, since Aubs has gone to the next league. I miss the smaller grassy version, an asset to my photo ops. C'est la vie. The GrandLoves must grow. The gorgeous weather brought out lots of parents and grands, making it a lively atmosphere. And Monti won. What more can ya ask for? Aubs played well.
I'm clinging to these days. The return of Summer. Not quite time to put away the Yankee visor, in all its pink glory. 'Tis a shame we're not in the World Series, this year, spoiled brats that we are. But this little hat trick helps my messy curls and protects my aging face.
Not to worry. It's not the same one you've seen for years. I replace it on occasion. And I wash it. :-) In return, it speaks to me:

"New York. Home is where the ♥ is. Yankees. Our team. Pink for Michelle and her battle. Hope.
The beach. Sand. Waves. Jonathan. Be. Summertime."

Have a rosy day, y'all. xo