Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Impatient Impatiens 'n' Such - Real Time







The only Impatiens I planted this year were oranges of the New Guinea variety. Hmmm. Last year's dormant seeds from the window-box pinks seem to have confused warm fall temps with springlike conditions. There amongst fallen leaves are two fabulous plants, blooming away as though summer is 'round the corner. Impatient Impatiens. In addition...



The flower tower that has graced CMI since June 9th is going strong. Thing is, it's nearly November. Sure, it's a tad spacey here and there, befitting the barren woods that now surround it. But I've not touched it since arriving home from our September week on the Cape. No deadheading. No water. 

Every summer day - sometimes twice a day - I'd diligently rid it of wilted blooms. After all, it is said that petunias will die if they don't receive this treatment. Now, I'm doubtful. Can I skip this task, next year? And...

 Cooler nights, morning dew and a few rainy days in the mix have sufficed for necessary moisture. 

Does all of the above constitute the makings of a lazy gardener?

I say, "Here's to Flower Power and balmy fall temps."