Saturday, March 22, 2014

I've Been Amos 'n' Andy-ed

Some of my favorite gifts from Joe have been of the "unbirthday" variety. You know. No occasion. Just a surprise gift from the heart…

A few days ago, he asked me if I'd heard of Amos 'n' Andy bracelets.
"No; can't say that I have."
But after a few minutes, I realized…

"Do you mean Alex and Ani bracelets?"
Bingo.

"You must have been in a Pandora store, to have seen them," continued I.

"Yes, I was; you know - the one in Rock Hill," he responded. "I'm kind of tired of looking at Pandora." 
Here I should mention that thanks to Joe, my kids and grands, my
P-bracelet is overflowing and positively gorgeous. Photo to come.
I digress…

Hmmm. I should have taken the hint. Must have been having an off day. Then, yesterday came the surprise. Yep, I was Amos 'n'
Andy-ed. Seems that Joe loved the show, as a kid, and thus the reference. Boomers reading will know… others will be clueless. Whole episodes are available on YouTube, where I watched in order to recollect. Hey, I'm a couple months younger. :-)

Thanks for the surprise, Honey. You're the best. I love you. And these Amos 'n' Andy bracelets are just too cool