Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I've Been Pinned!

When we were kids, Ronnie and I were pinned to our garage door in Massapequa by a large Irish Setter. Big Red had one paw on my head and another on my brother's. Lucky for Baron, Sly, Ike and Mambo that I overcame such trauma! Moving along...

C'est Moi
Party Dress by Gran
Gran pinned dress components together before sewing them on her factory Singer, to lovingly create gorgeous frocks for me.

As I've often mentioned, Gran and I shared a room. She was very cool and didn't mind that I pinned pictures of Ricky Nelson, Johnny Mathis, the Everly Brothers and Elvis on the back of our bedroom door. Gran did, however, once comment that she felt stalked by rock-star peepers, as she dressed. Gotta luv Gran and her sense of humor.

Okay. Enough. Today's version:

 Y'all have heard of Pinterest, by now. Yep. Scour the Internet and repost, or pin, someone else's photos to your site. Don't ask why I don't have an account, 'cause I just might get preachy for an hour or so. Not judging others, though, especially since a couple CMI recipes have made it to a random Pinterest page. 

Sure, flattery will get you everywhere, but not to worry. This hasn't gone to my head. After all, the collector's site has no fewer than 30,000 - thirty thousand - pinned pictures and ideas. Ahem…

That's a lot of browsing time, don't ya think? I'm buried in the shuffle, albeit pinnedWhere's that pulpit?

"I've Been Pinned!" is dedicated to my wordy pal, Bernadette.