Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Something Special from Gavin ♥

The kids all outdid themselves, this year. Meaningful presence, in addition to gorgeous presents with so much thought behind them. But I'd be remiss were I not to share this anecdote:

Prior to Christmas, Joe and I spent quite a bit of one-on-one time (two-on-one, actually) with Gavin. I've always maintained how important such time is in all relationships, especially with the kids. They act so differently when enjoying full attention. Such is truly the case herein…

Each time we were together, he excitedly told us about the points he'd earned in school, given for special grades or special acts of helpfulness and kindness. As the holidays approached, his teacher set up a table of store-bought gifts from which her students could make purchases using their points. Gav would tell us about this or that he'd chosen for his parents and sis. It never occurred to me that there would be a G'ma purchase and I was truly surprised when he presented it to me on Christmas Day…

Adorable! In a special bag! You can imagine…

Bri later told me that each day, he'd come home with his packages and race up to his room to hide them.

We enjoy the tradition of leaving newly received ornaments on display for the entire year. While Gav placed my special snowman on this year's tree, I shall find the perfect spot for Frosty to charm us till Christmas '16.

How sweet it is, this Christmas Story!
Thanks, Gav… Thanks Mrs. O