Friday, May 11, 2012

Heavy Metal

My personal favorite-of-the-day, as captured while traveling at 60mph!
Nikon and I rode shotgun with Joe, yesterday. By sheer coincidence, my seated, static shoot from inside the car produced a running theme, don't you think? Check out the shades of steely gray, framed by none other than Mother Nature's brilliant palette.
It was impossible to ignore the deep, shaded greens of the mountains, so positively rich, this time of year, as they played against fluffy whites, more gray and hints of blue.
 Old barns and silos abound, in the countryside, with many in horrid stages of disrepair. They are reminders of a more lucrative time gone by, well before their dignity was threatened. I'm thinkin' that they still possess a degree of intrigue, rendering them photo-worthy. 
Super-size to spot the bird, perched atop the left silo... nesting, I'm sure, giving
new life to these abandoned structures.