Friday, August 3, 2012

Jelly Is Innocent!

Look Hard To See The Well-Camouflaged Fellow Who's Stalkin' The Hood
Ah, we owe Jelly sincere apologies for thinking him guilty of dining on babies in several nests. We kind of wondered how he could have possibly accessed one in particular, without making a mess of it or the ground below. 

You might have wondered why my birdie stories came to abrubt ends. Fact is, I didn't want to upset my readers... but now the proof of the puddin' is in:

First, there was the raid in the Japanese maple, a couple of weeks ago. The screeching from resident Robins was horrifying... and then, all went silent.

Then, there were three separate times that the guilty party flew out at us, once during our walk in the hood.

This morning's event was the clincher. I caught him red-taloned, attempting to nail a gray squirrel. I left the house armed with NIK. Sure enough...

Gotcha! I'm not particularly fond of the new resident on Stacey. My first guess is that he's an immature Broad-Winged Hawk?? Whatever the species, he's a predator. But what to do about the food chain? After all, we humans are pretty high up there, too... if ya know what I mean.
Well, Glory Be... he didn't get our Hummers. It was almost dark, when tonight they appeared.
I'll tell ya, it's like Jungle Habitat around here.