Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Mother, My Self and Robert Redford

It's a helluva job to go through someone else's stuff, in order to clean out a house. But the time had come for attention to be given to the lake house. It's not so painful, since Mom is still with us, happily ensconced in her new digs. Giving thanks. In addition, we know that she enjoyed many, many years in the home-with-a-view that we provided her, after Dad died. But you know the gig... "Why would someone keep this?" becomes the question. Everyone's measure of value for his or her stuff is different. I must admit, though, that when I found Robert Redford... all 11 x 14 inches of him, still wrapped in cellophane and in pristine condition... I experienced a MY MOTHER, MY SELF moment. Did you read the book, back in the early seventies? Recommended. I digress...
Gotta luv our similar taste, in the superstar arena...
Y'all might recall that "The Way We Were" remains my all-time favorite movie. Yes, Katie and Hubbell have been stars of CMI, before. Ah, makes me sway, just to think about that scene, when Babs pushes R.R. Superstar's hair aside and they share the most tender film moment ev-ah! Not to forget that Joe has been compared in looks to the young R.R. on more than one occasion. But there's more to this story...

After finishing for the day, I returned to Stacey Drive with Bob tucked into my trunk, and there it was... the Fall 2012 SUNDANCE catalogue... in the mailbox. Yeah, yeah, that's right - it's my favorite, too. He'd arrived. 
Welcome to my world of sheer coincidence.
We'll see what Mom says when I present her with the framed print. Will she remember having purchased it? 
Somethin' tells me that this she shall recall...