Friday, November 29, 2013

Caution!

So, it's Black Friday. But the merchants couldn't wait and BF began on TT, Thanksgiving Thursday. What an awful thought. The ruination of such a beautiful time of family, friends, peace and the giving of thanks. But can we blame retailers? The stores were mobbed.
I simply cannot imagine. 

Having said that, here I am pursuing a few necessary list items… online, of course. Only once in my lifetime did I shop in brick-and-mortar stores on BF. Once. It never happened again. I can summon up the feeling of claustrophobia as Macy's Cellar consumers crowded and pushed me. Here within the confines of my beautiful cucina, though, I am safe and mob protected. I digress.

My favorite go-to pan is looking a tad scratched. Number 1 bit the dust a few years ago. Number 2 still has some life in it; but I'm not taking any chances of being caught short. Look what I found. Be assured, these are the same model, C1210P 10" crêpe pan. Makes one think twice before ever clicking that enter key, eh? Here ya go:

Quite surprised to find this one on Amazon, one of my favorite bargain spots:
At Calphalon's very own online site, though, look at the "Exclusive" that awaited my click-click: