Saturday, June 13, 2009

Profanity


The rain is to blame. Yes; definitely. For a week of mornings now, Joe and I have greeted each other thusly: "Good Morning. Do you believe this f'ing weather?" Yeah, yeah; I know ~ not too classy. Well, "Pardonne moi!" You just can't argue with gut feelings.

It's causing extreme duress amongst my blooms. Even the hardy yellow day lilies struggle to open against pelting rains. The prize-winning blooms of the day are the mushrooms growing in our lawn.

It's causing shopping cart violence at the local farmers market. The spoiled Snowbirds, accustomed to trekking to Florida at the threat of the first snowflake and returning to upstate New York post April showers, are miserable. Their sun-charred faces are fading; and, "We just can't have that!" They play "bumper cars" in the parking lot to vent frustration. It's dangerous. And the bakery is worse.
It's causing bug bites; a lot of bug bites. Seriously, I look like I have measles. No amount of bug spray can deter mosquitos the size of helicopters. They are fierce.

It's causing chilly temps. This effect is my fault, I must confess. Sick of winter and declaring it over in mid-March, I mistakenly removed the down comforters from the beds. Yep, I jinxed us, for sure.

Okay, you get the gist... enough is enough already... especially when it comes to rain!