Thursday, July 14, 2011

Egg McNick

The beneficial purity of breakfast egg-whites is astounding. And while I like most foods colorful and browned, not so the egg-white. Then there's the sandwich...

Joe will attest to the fact that I often order them in restaurants, but do not consume as such. I make a mess on my plate by pulling out the contents to enjoy with just a piece of wrap, roll or such for nibbling. Hey, who's to judge? Seems, though, that suddenly I'm on a kick, as has been evident in fish wraps and chicken-cheeseburger 'wiches, here on CMI. Lo and behold the Egg McNicki, at a mere and satisfying 220 calories.

5 snowy whites at 15 calories per are cooked to perfection and placed on a toasted w-w flat roll (100 cals) that has been spread with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light (35 cals) and piled with halved cherry tomatoes (negligible cals). Stuff it. Let it overflow. Serve with extra reds. You know where to dine...