Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday's Faux-Fry 'n' Fish Feast

We had this just a few nights ago and chose a repeat over our traditional Friday Chinese fare. First time 'round, I made it with Mahi Mahi and served with baked potato chips. This time, I scrubbed and cut one medium-sized potato, for all the resulting legal "fries" you see. What a calorie bargain! Just spray the pan and taters, sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder and pepper, and bake in a hot oven, while you do the fish.

Tonight, I'm using halibut, at only 220 calories per 6-ounce serving. On a light coating of EVOO, I placed the fish and sliced Vidalia onion, then topped with a spritz of oil and a sprinkling of spices. When cooked on one side, I turned and topped with mustard, lemon juice and cheese. For mine - Laughing Cow Light, at only 35 calories. Halibut cooks fast... I covered for a few seconds to finish melting the cheeses and then removed from pan, leaving onions to caramelize. When done, I transferred them to paper towels and wiped pan dry. 

Last step was to top fish with tomato and onions and wrap. Be sure to choose low-calorie, whole grain wraps. Returned to spritzed pan, seam side down; browned both sides.

-Healthy, Delicious and Nutritious
For Bonus Benefits - Use Sweet Potatoes
 Next Round - Salmon 'n' Sweets
Buon Appetito