Monday, July 23, 2012

Al Fresco, Yes?

We've had amazing weather during the past month, this confirmed by the fact that we've dined al fresco all but one night. We've designated spots at the picnic table, chosen for the best viewing of our yard. What better way to enjoy the gorgeous results of our loving efforts...

NIK sits atop the table to my right, ready to capture our resident hummingbirds, who seem to join us nightly. They, however, are not too cooperative, flitting about at breakneck (breakwing??) speed. Quick pokes at flowers seem to satisfy voracious appetites. Please, please, won't you linger? 

Last evening, Joe excitedly told me to, "Look, look, Nick!" Upon doing so, there I saw the female, hovering in mid air and considering, I suppose, the blooms behind me. Did NIK and I capture her? No. Thus far, this is my best shot; it leaves a lot to be desired, I know.
The male is even smaller than his mate... a darker shade and with a red throat... and not at all accommodating. Please stay tuned, for we shall see. Meanwhile, won't you enjoy the scenery...