Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Flower Powered! ♡



As Christian and Dawn await the soon-to-be arrival of our new BabyGirlGrand, I'm transported back thirty-nine years, when Christian was due, "...any day". A doctor's visit on my birthday had me bringing along a packed suitcase... I was sure it would be the day. It wasn't! But six days later, it was... close enough to share our events, each year. And so it goes and so it goes....


On Sunday, we did just that. What a great day! A trip to the gorgeous town pool, only blocks from their home, had us witnessing Hunter's leaps from twenty feet in the air. You see, he is now "deep-side safe". WOWMeanwhile, Little Miss Chloe has taken off, in mermaid fashion. She is swimming! Double WOW!


A nearby favorite ice cream haunt has the most incredible floral displays of gorgeous blooms. I was thrilled to capture Chloe, as she took the time to STOP and smell the (proverbial) roses. With a little help from PhotoShop, the result suits the spirit of my entry to a t. Does the pose look familiar?
Of course, Gramps had to get into the action, much to Hunter's glee. "One, two, three... GO," was the count, as you-know-who held his nose!



Back at their ranch, Dawn took a late-pregnancy nap and was refreshed, by the time we returned. Dinner was sensational and the cakes delicious. We had FUNI got an exceptional kick out of Dawn's girlie choices, for me... a gardener's flowering hat for my bracelet, a seashell pendant necklace, and a bohemian broom skirt. Man, my family knows me well! Will I really have to shed skirts, visors and flip-flops, in the Fall?? Or is my hunk-a gonna take me to Kaua'i?? Indulge me, please, for the little inside joke here, for my Joe. 

Speaking of Joe, he took my real day off, yesterday. It's when the gorgeous butterfly gifted me yet another photo op.
I missed BKAG, but was happy they were off having fun in their camper. And I missed Mom, who is not doing well, at all. And I missed my Vicki, who was here last July 16th to celebrate with us. But still, I know to be a very happy lady, 'cause you see...

When it was time to leave Albany, Hunter and Chloe climbed into the car, pretending to be ready to come home with us. Now, that can sure make these grandparents feel mighty special.
Here's to Flower Power and Love...
Giving thanks.