Monday, November 26, 2012

Hot Glue Hurts



In doing the Macy's window thing-y, this morning, an old stand-by wreath needed some major repair work. It's not too smart to hang something and then apply filler nuts and pinecones, using a hot glue gun. But, hey... I'm not feeling too brainy, this morning, and that was my approach. 
Suddenly, in my peripheral vision, I noticed movement in the brilliant blue sky. I jerked the gun from the project, dripped boiling hot glue on my pinky, and grabbed Nik. By then, the raptor had landed and my finger was throbbing. Same guy. The hawk who has been terrorizing our yard, since last summer.

Okay, okay, no photography prizes here, not to mention that it would have been nice if the super zoom was on my camera. C'est la vie. Just wanted to share a potential reason for abandoned feeders. 

Ah, that food chain...