Thursday, November 8, 2012

Losing The Shot

A.M. Titmouse Heading For Feeder
It was always my intention to avoid incessant chatter about weather, here on CMI. You know...

 "Do you believe this weather, today?"


 I lose. Mother Nature wins. After Sandy, we geared up for a nor'easter. Again, it missed us but hit the same downstate targets as the hurricane did, crippling Long Island, the LIRR and Jersey Transit. One local school opted to close last night; but bare branches demonstrate that this time, they made the wrong call. The kids did, however, have early dismissal, yesterday...

Busy helping Aubs with homework, I'd forgotten that my camera was on the tripod in the living room, huge lens mounted and pointed towards the feeders... till, that is, Gavin reappeared in the great room:

"G'ma, I missed my shot. The birds flew away, when I started to play with Mambo." 

We'll work on patience, next time 'round. Meanwhile, it is so healing to get back to Grand antics and Nik, too.