Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Alec Baldwin 'n' The Three P's

Sure, blame it on Alec Baldwin. That's the easy, newsprint-worthy route. Déjà vu. A celebrity. He even makes CMI with some regularity. Now there's a goal recognized. :-) But remember, we've a connection. You know. His dad. The other Alexander R. Baldwin, also tough, sarcastic and competitive, in his own right. I loved him, back in the Dark Ages when I took History at MHS. I digress. 
Let's talk The Three P's.

Privacy * Paparazzi * Police

We recently avoided a life-altering decision. It's analogous, in a way, and involved a move from Stacey that would have diminished what I value most about our current digs. Privacy. Needless to say, no one hounds me when I wander from Point A to B. But it's more about the expansive version. If I desire people-free lounging in my pj's till noon on a gorgeous summer morning, my yard allows that luxury. Actually, a stark-naked walk to our rural mailbox would go unnoticed. I simply cannot imagine the inability to stroll a few city blocks without being hounded. Some say it comes with the territory. Gain fame and your fans deserve entitlement. I say fanatics. Leading me to...

The paparazzi. En masse, they are freaks. You've seen the current news footage, right? Who wouldn't spew an expletive or two. Or even a slur, if the lens got close enough... though I don't believe for a second that he's racist... far too liberal. I digress again. Right in his face and giving it their all to provoke him. Who is in the wrong?

Mr. PoliceMan/Woman: How about a bounty on the heads of those life-lackers who spend all their time stalking? They've long been the enemy. Just sayin'.