Sunday, February 17, 2013

Aurora Holiday Mountain

We went to watch Aubs and Gav do their thing on the Roman Candle, this morning. It had to be about zero degrees, with the wind-chill factor. Oh, my Goodness and Lord-y!! I didn't bring NIK along... too cold to take my delicate girlie hands out of my gloves. But Cecil B. DeMille did have his movie camera. One of us is always willing to make the sacrifice... right, Joe?

In spite of bitter cold, the snow-covered mountain looked gorgeous, with true cerulean blue skies and brilliant sunshine hovering above. 
I didn't expect much when I snapped a few shots with my iPhone, looking straight into the sun...

Imagine my surprise to find this gem, upon checking my results. I must say, it's the first time I've seen purple in a sun-shot of mine; could never be duplicated. 

Won't you please envision the kids coming off the top and into that wind-whipped, icy course? Kudos to both and a special shout-out to Gav for handling a first-run fall with class... and then coming back strong to do well in the second.

"Good run! Good run!"

Told Bri it felt like just yesterday when we accompanied him and C up the chairlift to access the starting gate...
Déjà vu