Thursday, June 19, 2014

Do You Scream For Ice Cream?

Aubs does not generally frequent my blog, so I'm safe in sharing this anecdote. My girl is as sweet as Sugar, my nickname for her.
Just don't touch her ice cream…
After dinner the other night, Joe took the kids to a local hotspot for ice cream. It was already pretty late, so killjoy G'ma gave strict instructions to order single scoops with one topping each. They were great about it. In spite of ordering properly, though, Aubs ended up with too much of her favorite - pistachio. She ate what she considered to be the proper amount and put the rest in the freezer.
I know, I know. Great kids, right??!!

Joe was around for lunch, yesterday. He opted for an egg salad sandwich on a roll. I was indecisive. That is, till I looked in the freezer. There is was. Pistachio. Not a flavor I'd ever order. My choices are strawberry and/or vanilla, these days. I thought to have just a taste. Next thing I knew, I was telling Joe what my offbeat lunch would be. Yep. Down to the last nut. What a treat, but not quite the end of story… at four, the phone rang.  

"Hi."
"Aubs?"
"Yes."
"Hi, Sweetie. How was school? "
"Okay, but I wanted to tell you that I left the rest of my ice cream in the freezer."
"I know, Honey. Guess what I had for lunch??"
"My ice cream?"
"Yes! And it was sooooo delicious!" 

Silence.

My girl was not pleased with me… like she didn't already know how delicious it is was. She handled it pretty well, though. Sort of.
Let's just say our conversation came to an abrupt end.

"Okay, G'ma, my phone's going dead. I have to go…"