Monday, June 2, 2014

I Missed My Deadline

The little hiatus from blogging taken during our OBX vacation has wrecked any semblance of discipline that might have existed. It's true. So please accept my day-late wishes for a happy month of June. The Friday of Summer, with July's Saturday and August's Sunday to savor. Don't you just love it? But I digress. Back to June…

A month of rebirth, with surprises throughout the garden. Forgotten plantings. Or babies sprouting in the backyard, propagated from seeds that seemingly blew in from the front, clearing the rooftop and establishing roots. Roots…

We've definitely established a few of those, here in Sullivan County. Sure, sure, one is not supposed to be attached to real estate… just don't get me started on the Old Homestead. And then there's the lake house…

No more tenants. Ever. Period. What to do? It shall be a lengthy work in progress. And I'm psyched. There you have it. Instead of writing in the morning, it is with great purpose that I peruse my favorite spot on the Internet, Houzz.com - I've even downloaded their app on my iPad. It's beyond fantastic. 

But yesterday, it was back to basics in giving the old picnic set some new life. I finished the table, as I bathed in sunshine and listened to lake sounds. Another gorgeous day, today, perfect to move on to six chairs that have accommodated many a family member and friend...
Yep. June. New life. Birds singing and nesting, everywhere. Fawns bleating in surrounding woods. Rhododendrons blooming, as new growth sprouts. And time to nurture annuals, like non-stop begonias and sweet potato vines.
Happy Friday Of Summer.