Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ask Me If I Planned This!

Aubs and Gav presented us with this beautiful sun-catcher, purchased while on vacation, the night before Joe and I were to leave for ten days last August. Aubs had a million questions about the length of time we'd be gone, needing a little assurance that time really would fly by.

In expressing gratitude for the beautiful gift, I said, "Thank you so much for thinking of us while you were away." Aubs responded, "Grandma!" quite sternly, "We missed you; of course we were thinking of you."

Later that evening, as they left, she said, very tenderly, "G'ma, I won't forget you while you're gone." Ah, blessings.

Now, the pretty flowers have been hanging in our kitchen window since. I grew the Impatiens in the outside window box from seed, with no thought to color or shape. Surprise, surprise.