Friday, October 30, 2009

Guaranteed To Make You Smile


Do y'all remember "meeting" Michelle via Kim'sHappyFeet, an August post? Well, I have quite the heartwarming story to share with you.

Yesterday's mail brought me an overwhelming surprise. A pair of Fabulous Flippers tumbled out of a poufy, yellow envelope, along with a wonderful, handwritten letter; a Hallowe'en card; and a picture of the cutest puppy.... all from Michelle.

Pink... I'm loving pink! Pink flip-flops, adorned with colorful, heart-y ribbon; pink, heart-bordered paper; pink ink... it's no wonder Niece Kim loves Michelle so much! (Pink is Kim's favorite color, too!) I'm feeling like such a girl... and so in love with my new pen pal. Yes; there were instructions at the end of the letter to Write Back - firmly underscored! I'm excited.

Michelle nonchalantly brought me up to date on her treatment. Tears representing the entire spectrum of emotions were flowing. This child is spirited, smart, funny; I can't wait to hug her, in person. Kim, are you reading? Get our room ready, please.

Meanwhile, Michelle has consented to take some Christmas orders from me. She'll fill them when she's feeling well enough to do so... I'm praying that the well-time will be gifted upon her in abundance. She won't set a price; so, I'm doing so. I'm thinking $10.00 a pair, plus $3.00 for shipping. Need more than one pair? Up to three may be ordered with the same cost of shipping. That sounds fair, don't you think? Please let me know if you'd like to place an order... she'll need to know sizes.

If you don't need any Flippers at the moment, maybe you'd consider purchasing your holiday greeting cards from my all-time favorite source: M.D. Anderson's Children'sArtProject.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I need to write a snail-mail letter... you know, back to basics. Thank you so much for all the prayers you can spare for my new pen-pal, Michelle.
PS.. Aubrey's funky polish came in handy; it goes so well with the turquoise ribbon!