Wednesday, October 14, 2009

They Should Have Asked Me

Pardon my profanity, but, "WTF???" Believe me, I know how well Jewish men can celebrate Christmas... you know, the warm and fuzzy Norman Rockwell feel of the holiday. But Christmas albums from Neil? from Dylan? from Barry? Released and promoted before ghosts and goblins make their appearances? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Now, you're aware of my huge fanship for Neil; and I'm an enormous Dylan fan; and Barry has my vote for the purest-of-the-pure joie de vivre and some nice music, too.... but come on, Guys. Had you consulted me, I would have suggested a collaboration; yep, Three Jewish Superstars Sing For Christ(mas). Lame? Sorry; but you get the gist. And I know - I know all three are successful; and as Joe likes to tell me, "You can't argue with success." Yeah? Well, I veer from the beaten path here and voice my opinion.

My inclination is to purchase Dylan's. Trust me when I say that it's by no means the best of the worst; but profits go to feed the hungry. I approve. And Neil penned a couple of new songs for his... very pretty... I'll purchase just those from iTunes or Rhapsody. Certainly, I do not need the Christmas (one set of CD's) or Chanukah (second set of CD's) ornaments that come with the packaging. Neil??!! WHAT were you thinking? Kudos, though, to a lively version of Adam Sandler's "The Chanukah Song"; I'm sure it and its silliness will get lots of airtime....

But still, "WTF?? Bah Humbug!"