Friday, October 2, 2009

Working Towards A Cure

If you recall my O*FoodsContest post in support of Cousin Gina, you'll be happy to find the winners' entries at BleedingEspresso. You can cook up a storm, as you support the battle against ovarian cancer.

While I'm on the topic, Dawn runs the RaceForTheCure tomorrow, in honor of her Mom, who died one year ago today, after a long battle with lung cancer.... and Step-Mom, who battles breast cancer, as I write. This is the month I lost my beautiful Dad to the disease, as well. The list goes on and on.

And, just one more hit... I hope to be soliciting HappyFeet thongs for Michelle, who will continue treatments for a solid year, in the hope of arresting the devastating version of the illness she struggles with.

The gist here? We need a cure for it all. There are too many colors on this spectrum.