Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Purity Perks


Most of the foods on ThisList are on hand for me. It is challenging and fun to fill my choices with the most nutritional punch-per-calorie. Combine that fact with my distaste (pun intended) for the additives and preservatives in many quick foods... thus, my desire to prepare my own. Really, it's not a big deal. When time allows, I'll make a double-batch of oatmeal waffle boats, toss them in the freezer, and have these 100-calorie gems available for breakfast, lunch or dinner.


My favorite topping? Hands down, it consists of 1/2 cup plain, low-fat, Greek yogurt; 1/2 cup blueberries; a generous sprinkle of cinnamon; and a few crushed almonds. This combination is a true calorie bargain, incorporating quite a few of those healthy ingredients.

What more to say than "Bon Appétit!"