Thursday, December 23, 2010

Déjà Vu ♡

Santa Singers
Now, this is familiar: 

Gavin's concert was adorable, as he and other kindergartners entertained us with holiday fare. He knew his part well, after Sunday's rehearsal. Afterwards, we were invited back to his classroom.

Guests watched the kids behave in a festive and orderly manner, as they were served a snack of holiday cookies. Then, Teacher invited those who could to please stay, to help with the construction of Cone 'n' Candy Trees. I couldn't resist. When Brian and Christian were in school, I was always Class Mom, "specializing" in crafts. Gosh, it seems like a lifetime ago and just yesterday, 
all at the same time.
Bri, wasn't I just helping you?
On My Left
My Grand had both parents helping him; so, I went to another table. On my left, there was a meticulous child who had a specific and sparse pattern in mind. On my right was a little girl with a penchant for lots of candy. 
Individuals. 
Each precious... 
uniquely creative. 
On My Right
Proud Grand 
Upon completion, the projects were wrapped in green plastic, tied with ribbon, and sent home with parents, for safe transport. The children were so happy. 
I'm happy, too. 
Tears-in-my-eyes happy. 
This is Christmas.

 Cone 'n' Candy Trees
Use sturdy plastic plates for bases, canned white icing to "glue" on cones and create "snow" on plate, and green icing for coating the "trees". Decorate with candies of different varieties and small cookies. Sprinkle with crushed mint "snow". Wrap 'n' Ribbon. Voila! A breeze, as compared to gingerbread houses!