Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Busy Day in the Wild Kingdom

Y'all know the day's beginning, with Big Baldie on our neighbor's dock (previous post). What could possibly top that? Well…

At what seems to be the five p.m. bewitching hour for wildlife activity, I donned glasses and wandered over to my homemade aquarium to check out our resident tadpoles. Hmmm. Everything is in the timing, I've been told. Look at what greeted me…
So, the first one leapt to freedom. RIBBIT!! And almost simultaneously with my calling Joe to witness the Great Escape, he yelled to me… you know the drill…
He caught finner.

Now, every wild kingdom needs blossoms and blooms. As if to say, "Ahem, we're here today, too," our newly planted clematis decided to open the first purple petals on its fragile vine. Wowsa! We didn't expect this phenomenon till next spring, but who's arguing with nature? Gorgeous beginners are ready to color all four patio posts.
Here's to hot 'n' steamy, lazy and crazy July days, surrounded by the wonders of Nature.