Monday, May 24, 2010

Expect The Unexpected ♡

The tide was too rough late yesterday afternoon to allow us to go find the OBX horses on the northern Corolla shore. We decided to explore some new territory and chose a dune stairway that was decorated with white tulle ribbon. Bingo! A beach wedding was to take place at five p.m. I just happened to have my camera - smile - and asked permission to shoot; it was granted. After exchanging e-mail addresses with a friend of the groom, I chose my spot in the dunes, perfect for some unusual shots.

Meanwhile, Joe and Mambo chose a front row seat in the sand. During the wait time, many guests wandered over to inquire about Mambo. "Is he a large Labradoodle?" We seriously need to attach a little recording to him. You know, press the button to hear the info! He's fun. While Joe chatted up the pooch, a lovely couple approached me. As is usually the case, we quickly discovered our common ground, enjoying the time. In closing, they actually invited us to the reception! Wow! That was a surprise. Of course, I declined - but with lots of gratitude for the thought. The beach brings out the best in everyone, I do believe.

The bridal party had rented one of the big houses that dot the OBX coastline; they were in for a grand and extended celebration.

Finally, the bride descended the dunes; she looked lovely. The guests gathered in the sand and the minister confirmed the beauty and joy of the moment. The clouds just threatened; but later it sprinkled a few drops. In keeping with my Gran's belief, I thought, "They are blessed."