Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It's Not Easy...

Have you seen the (link) Baltimore Mom-Gone-Viral on the news? She's worth watching. A single mother with four daughters and one son. Yes, one son who decided to walk the walk with other rioters in Maryland… that is…

…till Mom took charge. Mothering, at best, is a challenge. There is no judging the Mom next door, unless you've walked in her shoes. I'm reminded of a Black Mom with whom I was friendly, years ago. We met each other via our sons; they became great friends. Sadly, she passed away at far too young an age... but not before I learned from her…

She'd no worries about her younger son, the one in our lives. He didn't put himself in potentially-toxic situations. But her older boy was a different story. She knew that even though he was a good kid, he sometimes exposed himself to iffy situations. She once told me that she was fearful, every time he walked out the door. I never forgot that. Thing is…

She exercised control as best she could. But I immediately thought of fearful thoughts imparted, when I saw Baltimore Mom. Kudos to her. Many are calling her "Mother of The Year." She responds, as you'll see in the video, by explaining that her son is not perfect, but he's HERS, and she'll do what she has to do to protect him.