Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More Back To Basics: Gardening Withdrawal







Sure, sure, I have lots of house- plants. There is just something special, though, about having one or two freshly harvested ingredients to toss in or on the dish-of-the-day; and philodendron leaves just do not cut it. Sprouts! Why did I stop sprouting? Kicking off with the easy-as-pie alfalfa variety seemed a logical reintroduction. Whenever one can produce a mountain of anything out of a two-tablespoon molehill of something, it's gotta be worth the effort. My morning egg whites have gone sprouty, as has my lunchtime salad and my dinner whatever. Now, it's onto other varieties.

All of the above said, I have learned something new and important, since my last go at dark gardening. If "lupus" enters your vocabulary in any way, shape or form, this article is a must-read: