Friday, September 11, 2009

A Story

Sometime ago, I spoke of a significant book mentor in my life, sadly lost to breast*cancer. Also mentioned in the post*about*Elaine was an all-time favorite book, THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY. I spoke therein to my taking it on holiday and enjoying it beyond description. As I read the book, it occurred to me that the prose reminded me of a Neil Diamond song, in its flow and beauty. Upon our return home, I purchased a second copy of the book and mailed it to Mr. Diamond's record company, mentioning my thought to have music written for the story. Okay, okay; I know you're making fun of my enormous fan-ship here... laugh, if you must, but my Neil friends understand! Hmmm, wonder what ever happened to that book and suggestion??? Okay, moving along.....

A gorgeous film was made from the story; it starred Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood; ahhhhh..... beautiful.... if it's raining tomorrow....

Also, Robert James Waller, its author, wrote another book (SLOW WALTZ IN CEDAR BEND) in which Neil Diamond was actually mentioned. You're howling now, right?

Today: It is pouring buckets of rain outside; I'm spending far too much time on the Internet, as my Bose pours out fantastic sentiments by even more fantastic artists, to keep me company. When "The Story Of My Life" by Neil played, I thought to look for a video on YouTube. I am astounded by what I have found; there are lots of romantics in this world! Won't you watch, please, and share the coincidental merge of two of my all-time favorites: