Monday, September 6, 2010

Exploring

Labor Day's magnificent sky, brilliant sunshine and perfect temps inspired some exploring. We took Mom and Mambo along, knowing we'd all find pleasure.
First stop was the Rio Reservoir that Joe has been speaking quite knowingly of, but admitted today, "I've never been here!" Well, neither had I; and it's literally in our backyard and positively spectacular. We were told that it is home to wintering Bald Eagles; "Just take Plank Road." I anticipate lots of frosty pics, come December. Today, there were also kayakers and fishermen enjoying this hidden treasure.
Gorgeous on the open side, but even more spectacular, I think, where the water tumbles into the trees.
We wound our way out of reservoir territory and picked up Route 97, traveling alongside the Delaware River. If you drive a Saab, as I do, or a Beamer, as friend Karin does, you might have paid particular attention to TV commercials taken on the (link) Hawk's Nest. We used to frequent a neat restaurant, built right into the ledge. Sadly, it burned to the ground, about ten years ago. The view remains spectacular, right?
Don't forget to left double-click images to enlarge!
When I left the car to shoot the rafters on the river, I noticed that Jordan and Brittanie  their kids. Just gotta luv such a declaration, 300 feet above the river... I couldn't even be annoyed by graffiti, on such a splendid day.