Thursday, September 23, 2010

"This Is Gonna End In Tears"



My brother and I were raised on the title quote. It's from Mom, who preached it to us on many an occasion, when Ronnie and I would get wild. Our "wild" was nothing, by comparison to the 2010 version. Generational?

A rather peaceful evening went awry, when Aubs and I counted up our pairs in an innocent game of Go Fish. Her hysterical laughter took on a different tone and became... well, it became hysterical. Rockin' Granny became an ogre... ya just gotta let a kid win.
 "G'ma, I don't mind when kids beat me, but grown-ups are not s'posed to."
Seems that she'll "...never...ever 'agin'..." play me. 
Fifty lashes here. She's crying in her sketch. Nooooooo...

Should have remembered Christian's mention, as an adult, of the fact that he descended to the basement playroom to cry if "...Dad beat me at basketball...when I was a kid." Joe's reply? "I was helping to build your character." Ha, ha. That wasn't workin' for my 
Girl Grand, last night.

Not to worry... I still got huge hugs and kisses and an 
"I Love You" at the end of the evening.
Character... ♥ ...All's Good