Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"And the seasons, they go 'round and 'round and 'round... and painted ponies go up and down..."


During my search for a couple of photos, this morning, I came across this hilarious one from 1961. Evidently, Dad had just shoveled our Massapequa driveway and put chains on the tires of his Hot Rod Of The Year. In retrospect, that was his male-midlife-crisis car. I'll never forget the day he came home with the green and cream convertible... ha, ha... Madre was so pissed. Ronnie and I loved it. Cool dude, our Dad. Forever young. I'm amused further by the fact that Joe was just telling our lake-neighbor, Dick, about Dad and snow chains
He went nowhere without them.
And today, the Weeping Cherry is in full bloom... the bumblebees have already found its sweet, 
snowy white blossoms. 

"We're captive on the carousel of time..."
All lyrics by Joni Mitchell from "The Circle Game"

INCREDIBLE!! When Aubs awakened in Christian's room soon after I wrote this entry, she looked out the window and exclaimed, "G'ma!!! I thought it had snowed when I saw the tree!!!"