Monday, April 9, 2012

Success!

Reporting back to say that the Grand Opening of JANG'S was a huge success. I relinquished my quick-action-seat-to-the-kitchen to our Master Chef, who did a fine job of executing and serving. Her first customer? It was our co-owner, the G in our namewho had worked up an appetite by giving guided tours and taking orders from a fixed menu.

We did a time tally at the table, adding the hours spent on Friday to the prep time of the morning; it totaled about five hours. Then, I asked Aubs, "And how much time did it take to devour your delicious fare?" With comical emphasis, she responded, "About forty-five minutes, G'ma!" Bingo. Then, I shared someone's quote... was it Julia's? 
"That's why you wait for good food...
it doesn't wait for you."

As I write, Aubs is having her tonsils removed. She'll be rarin' to go, upon recovery. In the kitchen, a place she's growing to love, we'll be moving on to some more complicated recipes. She's ready. In thinking back, I remember being able to put a meal on the table by the age of ten. It's a genetic thing,
the love of cooking. 

And as I conclude, Kelly's message and photo arrives... ALL DONE! 
Happy Days.