Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Every Picture Tells A Story

Circa Last Friday
The KidGrands love to hear stories about their Dads. Who wouldn't? Brian and Christian are so darned cute!! 
So, when Gavin came in with a bouquet of double-daffodils, the other day, I said, "Uh-oh, Honey, I hope these weren't from the neighbor's garden," thus reminding myself of a time gone by...
Circa Childhood... L♥ve Grows 
Ink Sketch Circa 1923...an auction
find I could not part with


My boys used to love to surprise me with flowers... or, rocks that we would then paint. They were especially fond of Neighbor Bonnie's marble stones... you know... the expensive kind that many use for the final touch on garden beds. Of course, we quickly taught them to go for the less extravagant, random ones that are found in the woods or on the roadside. Gavin got a big kick out of this anecdote, saying, "Did they get in trouble, G'ma?" 
Mouths of babes...

Not to worry about the flowers. It seems that another neighbor discarded many garden cuttings in the woods beneath our home, gifting us an amazing field of doubles. 
Aren't they gorgeous? 


Boys Will Be Boys