Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Linnertime" ♡

Surreal Shawangunks Through My Lens
We headed in a favorite direction to meet Christian for some quality one-on-two adult time, yesterday. Sweet and much needed time, I might add. Seems that New Paltz has become our new haunt - a fact that is just fine with me. The drive encompasses ever-changing, spectacular scenery that affords endless photo ops and Adobe fodder. I took advantage.
Outside of the revisited Harvest Cafe sits a most interesting metal sculpture of climbing children. Note their reaching and helping hands, being used in unison to depict what Joe interprets as "lending a helping hand". I like his interpretation and take it one step further to add "as each child reaches for his or her goals". Next time, I'll switch up lenses, so that I can capture it in its entirety; it starts at ground level and soars above roof and treetops.

Earlier this week, I'd seen a photo taken in Alaska by eagle/photographer pal, Charles. The scenic mountains therein looked surreal, as though painted in the faintest of watercolors. Since I won't be going to Alaska anytime soon, I thought to seek out a similar effect from the Shawangunks, shot as sunset neared and then filtered a tad in Adobe. I'm pleased with the result and hope you like it, too.

As for "linner" (Christian's word, coined in honor of the meal we shared between lunch and dinnertime), it was delicious. Time spent breaking bread and talking, talking, talking. What can be better? Well, except that Hunter was upset, when he heard we were together without him and Chloe. He phoned us, and no matter my explanation that we'd soon have Spring break together, he twice said, "But, G'ma, it's not fair." 
Be still, my heart.