Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LIM - Tidbits Of This 'n' That

Inches count, be they on dishes or waistlines!
Consider the dinner plate. The one on the right is circa the mid 20th century, around 1950. It, as well as the tidbit plates pictured, were manufactured by Glidden of New York, a favorite potter of mine. You could say that I'm a bit of a collector, in this arena, often keeping what I'd purchased for resale. Yes, I do love Glidden. 
I digress...

The other night, I served meatloaf and mashed potatoes on Glidden dinner plates. Salad was nearby, in matching bowls of a larger-than-tidbit size. :-) Joe wanted to know, "Why the tiny plate?" Revealing, yes?

He prefers the super-sized Pfaltzgraff, pictured in floral yellow, and the larger portions it accommodates. This thoroughly challenges my less-is-more theory. Not to worry, though, discipline comes in different shapes and forms; my guy is slender.

Not pictured here would be examples from our fine china, circa the 1960's. It leans towards Glidden, as (link) Super Size Me had not yet become a trend.

The times, they are a-changin'.
Bon Appétit!

To Note: I do believe that I've blogged this, once before. It has to be somewhere in the archives of CMI. But, it's a new Spring and a new diet! C'est la vie.