Thursday, March 22, 2012

Transitions

Aubs has limited use of a cell phone, now. Hard to believe, right? It contains family members' phone numbers. 
My local KidGrands are fortunate to have an abundance of relatives, all within pick-me-up-in-the-nurse's-office distance: two great-grandmothers, two sets of grandparents, and a maternal aunt and cousin.  

A beep from my own often-neglected device can mean that I've received a make-my-day text or voice message. The other day, I actually heard Neil crooning Cracklin' Rosie and answered, in time. Seems that I must remember to keep it with me, now. 

"Hi, G'ma........," 
and so on and so forth, as she excitedly told me of that day's adventure with her other G'ma, June.

"You're lucky you're not here, today, Sugar."

"Why?"

"I'm doing some heavy-duty Spring cleaning and I might've been tempted to put you to work."

Girlie Giggles
Okay, coffee break is over and I must get back to readying our home for the arrival of The Bunny. 
The child within me still transitions with excitement.